We’re here to help
St John’s puts great emphasis on the importance of pastoral care. We are here to help in times of specific need, and for ongoing support – practically, prayerfully and in friendship. We have a team of people who are ready to talk with you, in confidence, about whatever you need to share.
Who do I contact?
Our main point of contact is Malyn Stekovic who can be contacted on 07415 325873. Alternatively, if you would prefer your initial contact to be via email, you can contact the church via the main office contact details, and our office manager will forward your message to the most appropriate person.
Who are the pastoral team?
Our pastoral team is made up of the following people:
- Malyn Stekovic – overseeing all areas of pastoral care, and a focus on older people, non-churched people, home and hospital visits
- Judith Chidlow – hospital and home visiting
- Diana Jones – ‘Young at Heart’ group
- Anne Greaves – newcomers and visitors
- Sue Young – Toft area
Whilst these roles have been generally defined, they are not set in stone and care needs will be shared out to the most appropriate person for individual situations.
What sort of things do the pastoral team do?
The role of the pastoral team is wide and varied, ever-changing based on the needs of the people in and around the church at any particular time. Things they can help with include:
- Visiting, at home, in groups or at hospitals/hospices
- Helping with tasks such as shopping, offering lifts, accompanying to events or appointments, etc, and other practical help
- Spiritual guidance and Bible application in difficult situations, and proclaiming the vital role of the church family and the saving message of the gospel
- Being on the end of a phone for support
- Helping to bring in outside agencies and support that are available from outside the church
Pastoral care is not just for the physically ill and the elderly. If you need the practical and spiritual help – whatever your age or situation – please do get in touch.