St John’s Bellringers
St. John’s Knutsford contains a ring of eight bells with a tenor weighing 11.3/4cwt. in F sharp. Originally four bells were recast and augmented to six between 1748-1749 by Abel Rudhall of Gloucester. The completed six were first rung on St. John the Baptist day 24th June 1749. These bells remained until 1996 when a further augmentation took place to complete the octave and first rung for service on Sunday 17th November 1996.
The old bells with the addition of two new trebles are regarded by the ringing fraternity to blend well and represent a good example of the bellfounders art.
When do we ring the bells?
Sundays – 9.45am to 10.15am and 5.45pm to 6.30pm (check with Jim or Linda Townsend for more information)
Thursdays – we practise in the evening between 7.30pm and 9.00pm