Services at Knutsford and Toft
You will find a warm welcome at our Sunday services in both Knutsford and Toft. We provide a varied programme for children and young people of all ages at St John’s Knutsford.
We would be delighted to welcome you to church this Christmas!
- Sat 22nd: Breakfast At Bethleham at 09:30-11:30
- Sun 23rd: Regular services in the morning, and a Town Carol Service with the Tatton Singers at 18:30
- Mon 24th: Children’s Christmas Service at 16:00, and our Christmas Eva Carols at 23:00
- Tue 25th: Holy Communion at 08:45, and a Family Christmas Service at 10:15
- Sun 30th: Holy Communion at 08:45 only (10:15 at Toft)
- Sun 23rd: Carol Service at 10:15
- Mon 24th: Children’s Crib Service at 16:00
- Tue 25th: Holy Communion at 08:00, and a Family Christmas Service at 10:15
- Sun 30th: Joint Service with Knutsford at 10:15 only
You can download a PDF of these events if you wish.
St John’s Knutsford
08:45am Morning Worship is a traditional service of Holy Communion every week. This service is generally about an hour long.
10:15am Morning Worship is the principal meeting for the Knutsford church family. This service is generally about an hour and a half long. At this service you will find a range of groups for children and young people (up to year 8) to explore the Bible together in a fun, creative and safe environment.
The sermon is the same at both the 08.45 and the 10.15 service in Knutsford.
We celebrate Holy Communion every third Sunday and the children rejoin the congregation to share in this with their families. This service is generally about an hour and a half long.
6:30pm Evening Meeting is a more informal service. It’s held in the church centre. We have worship, prayer, a separate sermon series from the morning services and a focus slot to engage with current issues and interests in the church family and living as disciples in the wider church and the world. A number of young people come along and get involved with this service. The meeting is generally about an hour and a quarter long.
On the 1st Sunday of the month we also run a 4:00pm event called 4Life – a friendly event for all ages with food, children’s activities and a simple bible message.
The first Wednesday of every month we have a Service of Holy Communion. It is a Book of Common Prayer service, starting at 11:00am and running for around 45 minutes. This service doesn’t have any signing, but does have a short sermon.
St John’s Toft
At 8 am there is a service of Holy Communion according to the Book of Common Prayer. This is held on the 1st and 3rd Sunday in each month.
At 10.15 am there is our main Sunday service:
- on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month this is a service of the Word from “Common Worship”;
- every 2nd Sunday it is a service of Holy Communion from “Common Worship”;
- if there is a 5th Sunday in the month, it is Morning Prayer [BCP].
The sermon is the same at both the 08.00 and the 10.15 service in Toft.